As an independent, forward thinking girls’ school we are committed to preparing girls for a lifetime of learning, leadership and engagement in our global community.
Inspire girls to be bold. Educate girls to lead lives of impact and purpose.
Our values shape and define the Ruyton woman and the way she leads her life
• Character to be resilient and to act with confidence and compassion
• Citizenship to effect positive change through civic and environmental action
• Endeavour to be curious, creative and courageous learners seeking to achieve personal best
• Integrity to live a life with honesty and virtue
The Ruyton community lives by these values, providing support, role models and a sounding board for our girls as they make their mark in the world.
At Ruyton we embrace diversity and value the enrichment it brings to our learning community. We are committed to fostering respectful relationships and endeavour to create a culture of justice and fair treatment that extends to our broader community. This culture is central in preparing our students to be respectful and socially aware global citizens.
Ruyton's Statement of Democratic Principles
Ruyton is committed to the principles of a liberal democracy:
- We believe in an accountable, democratically elected government.
- We respect and observe the rule of law, and believe that no person is above the law.
- We believe in equal rights for all before the law, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, sexuality, gender or other attributes.
- We believe not only in the freedom of religion, but also the need to practise tolerance and understanding of others' beliefs.
- We believe in the value of freedom of speech and freedom of association, but also acknowledge that we have the responsibility not to abuse this freedom.
- We believe in the values of openness and tolerance, and value and respect all members of the School community regardless of background.
Recte et Fideliter - Upright and faithful.
Modern interpretation - Ruyton girls are women of character and integrity.
We Believe in Girls