iCalendar (*.ics extension) is a popular file format used to distribute calendar information between different applications over the internet. Ruyton will try to keep all event details correct, however it should be noted that event dates and times are changed periodically to accommodate venue changes, changes by organisations like GSV and the like. Community members should use the details contained here as a guide, if you have received official notification for the School with an alternative date please feel free to email Ms Tonya Peters, Director of Development with details of the discrepancy so that this calendar can be updated.
- Open the iCal program (in Applications)
- From the Calendar File Menu select New Calendar Subscription
- Enter http://www.ruyton.vic.edu.au/news/event-calendar/export/ical into the Calendar URL field then click Subscribe
- Change the name and color (optional) and update the Auto-refresh frequency to Every day (important!), then click OK
- The events should now appear in your calendar
To subscribe to an iCalendar feed using Outlook:
- From Tools menu select Account Settings
- Click on the Internet Calendars tab
- Click the New button
- Type or paste one of the calendar URLs (http://www.ruyton.vic.edu.au/news/event-calendar/export/ical)above then click Add
- In the Subscription Options dialog box, you can optionally rename the calendar. Make sure the box is checked in the Update Limit section.
- From the File menu in Thunderbird select New -> Calendar
- Choose On the Network and click Next
- Choose iCalendar format and paste or type the calendar URL http://www.ruyton.vic.edu.au/news/event-calendar/export/ical in Location, then click Next
- Optionally change the Name, Color and notification option then click Next then Finish
- You can set the refresh frequency in Tools->Options->Lightning->General->Refresh Settings. Once or twice a day is sufficient.
Google Calendar Instructions
To subscribe to an iCalendar feed using Google Calendar:
- In the left column, click on the Add link in the Other Calendars section.
- From the menu select Add by URL.
- Enter the feed URL (http://www.ruyton.vic.edu.au/news/event-calendar/export/ical) in the dialog box then click Add Calendar.
- There appears to me no way to manually set how often the calendar is refreshed.