• In order to be eligible for selection into a RNC team, all forms, including permission forms, health/confidentiality forms and codes of behaviour, must be returned by the due date.
• Non-Ruyton students are eligible for membership and must return payment with these forms.
• Grading will be held for teams in Years 5 to 12.
• Grading and selection occurs at the beginning of each year (dates and times TBA).
• The number of players alloacted to each team will be based upon the number of girls enrolled at each year level.
• An independent selection panel will be appointed to grade players into teams.
• Players will then be allocated to teams according to the ability level as agreed on by the selection panel.
• The selection panel will not have any information regarding grading or playing positions from previous seasons.
• To the best of their ability, the coach will aim to provide equal court time for all players throughout the season. However, if a team makes a final, whilst all players will get some court time, the understanding is that the best possible team combination will be played.
|Year 4||Friday||Lunchtime||Ruyton (Gym)|
|Year 5 and 6||Monday||4.00 -4.45 pm||Macleay Park|
|Year 7 and 8||Monday||4.45 – 5.30 pm||Macleay Park|
|Year 9 and 10||TBC||TBC||TBC|
• Attendance at training is compulsory for all players from Year 4 – Year 8.
• Training for Year 9 and 10 is not compulsory, and will be determined according to player interest once teams have been decided.
• Training will be held once a week for 45 minutes
• Correct uniform must be worn to all training sessions, failure to do so may result in that player being excluded from the training session.
• All members are expected to bring their own sunscreen, hats and drink bottles to all training sessions.
• Players must attend all training sessions unless they advise the team coach or Netball Coordinator.
• A set of expectations and guidelines exist for training; please refer to the Player Code of Behaviour.
All matches are played @ the Boroondara Netball Centre, Macleay Park (Melway Map Ref 46 C4)
• Year 5 – Open students play matches play on a Saturday – various times.
• Year 4 matches are played on Friday afternoons – various times. The Year 4 girls will play on Saturday mornings for the Spring Fling (Term 4).
• A link to the BNA website (www.bna.org.au) will be provided at the start of the season for players to download their own fixtures, or fixtures can be viewed on the PE centre notice board.
• Players must attend all matches, otherwise advanced notice must be given to the Coach or the Netball Coordinator.
• Correct uniform must be worn at all games, failure to do so may result in remaining off for the entire match.
• Players must adhere to the uniform, jewellery and safety specifications (including short nails) in accordance with the rules of the BNA. Failure to do so may result in remaining off for the entire match enforced by either the RNC or BNA officials.
• All members are expected to bring their own sunscreen and drink bottles to all matches.
• A set of expectations and guidelines exist for matches, please refer to the Player Code of Behaviour.
© 2017 Ruyton Girls' School ®
CRICOS Provider Code: 00336j