Ruyton Saturday Netball Club (RNC) is an independent netball club that is run in conjunction with Ruyton Girls’ School. Members of the RNC will play matches on Friday nights or on Saturday in the Boroondara Netball Association (BNA) competition.
VENUE: Boroondara Netball Centre, Macleay Park,
101 Belmore Rd, North Balwyn (Mel Map Ref ref 46 C4) 8 outdoor synpave courts
General information about the competition is available from the Boroondara Netball Association.
The RNC is a self sufficient, non profit organisation and all money raised from membership fees, fundraising and other initiatives is reinvested into the club. This allows us to provide past and present Ruyton students, as well as its outside members, with a range of opportunities to participate and develop skills and knowledge in netball within an organised, enthusiastic and fun environment.
Information regarding wet weather cancellation is provided by the Boroondara Netball Association.
RNC KEY SUPPORT ROLES
Netball Club Coordinator
The Netball Coordinator position involves:
• Acting as the direct link between the school and RNC by liaising regularly with the Director of Sport and other school personnel regarding RNC.
• Act as the direct link between BNA and RNC by liaising regularly with the BNA President and Treasurer regarding the BNA competition and RNC.
• Attending training sessions and morning matches on a Saturday
• Working closely with the RNC Support Team
• Appoint a coaching team and arranging professional development opportunities.
• Working closely with Parents of Ruyton Support Group (POR)
• Organising team selection trials, including a selection panel, at the start of each season.
• Setting coaching payments and schedules in consultation with the school accountant.
• Working with the school accountant to set fees for the new season.
• Prepare equipment for the new season.
• Handle general enquiries, grievances and problems.
• Attend all RNC functions including meetings, information evenings and presentation nights.
Coaches & Umpires Mentor
The Coaches Mentor position involves:
• Liaising closely with the Netball Coordinator.
• Being punctual and prepared in their approach to all training and matches.
• Working closely with the team of coaches providing information, support and direction as required.
• Provide coaching tips, player pointers and or encouragement
• Assisting the Netball Coordinator in providing professional development opportunities.
• Assist in running coaching workshop for all coaches throughout the season
• Be present on a Saturday
A RNC coaching position involves:
• Ensuring all players have a strong sense of purpose and direction.
• Liaising with the Netball Coordinator and the Coaches & Umpires Mentors regularly.
• Being proactive in approaching professional development.
• Enforcing correct uniform at all games, failure for players to do so may result in remaining off for the entire match.
• Players must adhere to the uniform, jewellery and safety specifications (including short nails) in accordance with the rules of the BNA. Failure to do so may result in remaining off for the entire match enforced by either RNC or BNA officials.
• All members are expected to bring their own sunscreen and drink bottles to all matches.
• All players and parents must adhere to the respective codes of behaviour signed at the beginning of the season, failure to do so will result in a warning and possible suspension or expulsion from the club.
RNC Team Managers
This role relies on parent volunteers to assist in the team organisation on a Saturday. The position involves:
• Organising a scoring roster, that is, one parent from the team to score each match.
• Organising an orange roster - this is optional and is based upon a team decision.
• Bring the drink bottle holder to and from each match.
• Communicating with the Coach and Netball Coordinator and other team members on wet weather days.
• Organising a scorer for the finals.
• NB - this position does not include organising the weekly playing roster.
© 2017 Ruyton Girls' School ®
CRICOS Provider Code: 00336j